How to Avoid Low Back Pain at Work.
Back pain, it’s nasty and it’s common. Every 1 in 4 of us suffers with or has suffered with back pain in the past. It’s no good and it’s largely caused by lifestyle habits and choices.
One lifestyle habit/choice is where we work, the office. Ok it’s not necessarily either a habit or a choice but what we do and where we work has a big factor on the health of our backs.
This quick piece will focus on office work as this is where the vast majority of us spend our working days.
Sitting down at a desk all day is no good for our health or our back and here are few quick tips to help you avoid back pain at work:
- Get up and move around – Go make a tea, run errands or stand up for briefings. Do this every 30 minutes or so.
- Stop slouching – It’s a big factor. Avoid it.
- Keep hydrated – Dehydration can cause back pain, it is easy to forget about drinking water in the office. We advise you to keep a bottle of water by your desk.
- Use a sit/stand desk – Sitting for too long is bad for your health.
- Strengthen your back – Naturally this will help you avoid back pain.
So there you have it, 5 simple tips to avoid back pain at the office. If you want further advice please contact us for a quick chat.
Start your journey to better health today.
Realise your full health potential with The Guildford Spine Centre- Chiropractor Guildford.
Your premier Chiropractor in Guildford.